The Port Washington Public Library’s mission is to:
- serve community residents of all ages, cultural backgrounds, needs and interests.
- respond to people’s changing requirements for education, information,
culture, recreation, and personal advancement, by providing access to a broad spectrum of materials, programs and services.
- develop a collection of print and non-print materials whose content spans
the panorama of human thought and experience.
- provide free and open access to its collections, programs, and services.
- make effective use of technology to bring the wider world of information to
In keeping with the traditions of American libraries, the Port Washington Public Library is committed to the principles of intellectual freedom.
The Port Washington Public Library does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation (3/03), religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services (including ADA Act and other relevant statutes).