The PWPL now has a Makerbot Replicator 3D Printer available for use in the Computer Center on the 3rd floor.
Patrons are welcome to come use it for free through the end of 2016.
For information on how to print, see the tutorials below, e-mail 3DPrinter@pwpl.org or call the computer center at (516)883-4400 x171 to set up an appointment for a printing demo.
MakerBot 3D Printer Information:
- 5th Generation MakerBot Replicator
- Extruder+ Installed
- PLA Filament Available for Use
- $1.00 per hour of printing charged in 15 minute increments — Example: A print job taking 1 hour and 15 minutes would cost $1.25
- Total amount to be paid upon pickup of print job.
- Funds will be deducted from library or print card balance.
Websites we recommend:
- Thingiverse – Find designs that are ready to print here.
- Tinkercad – Create 3D Printable objects using simple shapes
Recommended Videos Accessible via Lynda.com (sign in with PWPL Library Card Number and PIN):
- Up and Running with 3D Printing
- Welcome and Getting Started with 3D Printing