The PWPL now has 2 3D printers available for use in the Computer Center on the 2nd floor, a Makerbot Replicator filament-based printer and a Form 2 resin-based printer.
For information on how to print, see the tutorials below, e-mail 3DPrinter@pwpl.org or call the computer center at (516)883-4400 x171 to set up an appointment for a printing demo.
MakerBot 3D Printer Information:
- 5th Generation MakerBot Replicator
- Extruder+ Installed
- PLA Filament Available for Use
Resin Printer Information:
- Form 2 resin-based printer
- 4 colors of resin available for use
- Filament printing: $1.00 per hour of printing charged in 15 minute increments — Example: A print job taking 1 hour and 15 minutes would cost $1.25
- Resin printing: $1.50 per 10 ml of resin used
- Total amount to be paid upon pickup of print job.
- Funds will be deducted from library or print card balance.
Websites we recommend:
- Thingiverse – Find designs that are ready to print here.
- Tinkercad – Create 3D Printable objects using simple shapes
- MakerBot – Homepage for the creator of our 3D Printer and a place to download free print-prep software
Recommended Videos Accessible via Lynda.com (sign in with PWPL Library Card Number and PIN):
- Up and Running with 3D Printing
- Welcome and Getting Started with 3D Printing