Gift Acceptance Policy
1. Gifts will be accepted which are in furtherance of the Library’s purposes subject to the terms of this policy.
2. The term of the gift must identify: a) the subject of the gift; b) the purpose of the gift; c) the beneficiary or beneficiaries, if any; and d) all conditions or restrictions that may apply. Other than cash and negotiable instruments, the Library’s Deed of Gift form must be signed by the donor. (February 2004)
3. If the gift is in trust, the obligation to invest and reinvest the principal shall be clearly specified and the application of the income or investment proceeds shall be clearly set forth.
4. Gifts may be designated for a specific purpose for which no special fund has been established if it is within the mission of the Library.
5. The Library will make the final decision on the use, display, housing, withdrawal or other disposition of all gifts.
6. The Library does not provide materials value assessment for tax purposes.