Borrow a telescope to use at home! Ask at the Circulation Desk.
A few guidelines for checking one out:
• Telescopes are first-come, first-served—ask for one at the Circulation Desk in the lobby.
• A valid PWPL card and a current photo ID must be presented at checkout.
• Borrowers must be in good standing, with a current address on file.
• Borrowers must be 18 years old or older.
• The telescope may be borrowed for seven days.
• The telescope must be returned directly to a staff member at the Circulation Desk. It may not be returned in the drop box.
Made possible by the Friends of the Library.
To accompany the telescope, try one of these free apps:
- SkyView Free (Apple iOS) (Android OS) Point your iPhone or iPad at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more.
- GoSkyWatch Planetarium for iPad (Apple iOS) Easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, constellations and more by pointing your device at the sky.
- Sky Map (Android OS) A hand-held planetarium for your Android device. Use it to identify stars, planets, nebulae and more.
- SkEye (Android OS) An advanced planetarium that can also be used as a PUSHTO guide for telescopes.