The library publishes books in the area of local history. Following is a list of library publications. Click on each title for more information.
- Cross Currents: Baymen, Yachtsmen and Long Island Waters, 1830s-1990s, by Elly Shodell. $15.00 (paperbound)
- Flight Of Memory: Long Island and Aviation History, by Elly Shodell. $15.00 (paperbound)
- Flight Of Memory: Long Island Aviation History and Folklore CD-ROM, by Elly Shodell. $20.00 each
- In the Service: Workers on the Grand Estates of Long Island, 1890s-1940s, by Elly Shodell. $15.00 (paperbound)
- It Looks Like Yesterday To Me: Port Washington’s Afro-American Heritage, compiled by Elly Shodell. $8.00 (paperbound)
- The Library Years, 1892-1992: Centennial History of the Library at Port Washington, by Richard Dodge Whittemore. $17 (hardbound), $14 (paperbound)
- Particles of the Past: Sandmining on Long Island, 1870s-1980s, edited by Elly Shodell. $15.00 (paperbound)
- People, Places, Planes: Aviation, Folk Art & Community, by Elly Shodell. $10.00 (paperbound)
- Person to Person: An Oral History Project of the Port Washington Public Library, edited by Elly Shodell. $10.00 (paperbound)
- Port Washington, by Elly Shodell and the Port Washington Public Library. Charleston, SC: Acadia Pub., 2009. $22.00
How to Order:
Individuals must order by mail and enclose remittance. Institutions may be billed upon request, net 30 days.
Shipping is extra. Please add $1.50 for the first book and 1.00 for each additional book.
Make check payable to: Port Washington Public Library
|Place orders by mail:||Port Washington Public Library
One Library Drive
Port Washington, N.Y. 11050
Attn: Finance Office
|Telephone:||(516) 883-4400, Ext. 168|