Museum Pass Program
Borrow a pass for free admission to any of the museums listed here
The Museum Pass Program is Funded by the Friends of the Port Washington Public Library
Use our online calendar system to place your reserve. Each pass has different guidelines, so be sure to read the admission policy. Visit the websites to learn more about any museum.
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan – free admission for four people at a time (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children). Additional guests must pay. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Caregivers under the age of 18 must receive prior authorization before entering the museum. 10% discount on store purchases.
- Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum – general admission for one family only; maximum six people; not applicable for special programs.
- Cradle of Aviation Museum – free admission to the museum galleries for two adults and up to two children, 18 years and younger. Unlimited rides on the X-Ride. Discount on the purchase of Giant-screen, Planetarium, Nunley’s Carousel and additional Gallery tickets. 15% discount for the museum store. Discounts in the Red Planet Cafe. Discount on museum activities.
- Garvies Point Museum - one day’s free entry to the museum for either four adults (age 13 and older), or for one family group consisting of two adults and up to four children (ages 5 through 12). Children under 5 are free. Free admission to any films or programs scheduled on day of visit. 10% discount in gift shop.
- Heckscher Museum of Art - free admission for two adults and accompanying children under the age of 18.
- Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum - admission for up to six people per day. Express members-only line. Please note that the Library Membership pass does not include entrance into the Enterprise Space Shuttle Pavilion.
- Jewish Museum of New York - unlimited FREE admission for two adults and accompanying children up to the age of 18. 10% discount at all Museum shops.
- Long Island Children’s Museum - free admission for four people per visit.
- Museum of the City of New York – free unlimited admission for two adults and up to four children. 20% discount in the museum shop and 10% discount in Chalsty’s Café.
- Nassau County Firefighters Museum – free admission for up to four visitors. Discount at the museum store.
- Nassau County Museum of Art – admission for two adults and up to four children under the age of 16.
- New York City Police Museum- free admission for two adults and four children. 10% discount in the Museum Shop. Temporary location 45 Wall Street between Broad and William Streets.
- New York Historical Society – admission for two adults and accompanying children to the age of 18 to galleries and library (bypass admission lines). Reduced admission to all public programs. 10% discount on Museum Store purchases and at the Café. 20% discount on books at public programs and signings.
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration – free admission for 4 visitors during normal museum hours.
- Old Westbury Gardens – admission to the House and Gardens for two adults and their children. 10% discount at the Plant Shop and the Gift Shop.
- Rubin Museum of Art - free admission for two adults and children under the age of 18. 10% discount at Cafe Serai and the shop. Discount on talks, films, concerts, and family programs.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum – unlimited admission for four adults or students pluse half-price tickets for additional guests. Children under 12 years of age are always free. Bypass ticket lines. 10% discount at the Guggenheim Store and cafe.